DELL Force10 S6000 is going to be fully integrated with VMware NSX (NSX is software defined networking platform).
Dell Networking provides:
- Data center switches for robust underlays for L2 overlays
- CLI for virtual and physical networks
- Network management and automation with Active Fabric Manager
- S6000 Data Center Switch Gateway for physical workloads to connect to virtual networks
- Complete end-to-end solutions that include server, storage, network, security, management and services with world wide support
- Extend virtual networks to physical servers - S6000 works as VXLAN gateway to VLANs on physical network (VXLAN VTEP).
- Connect physical workloads reachable on a specific VLAN to logical networks via an L2 service
- Connect physical workloads reachable on a specific port to logical networks via an L2 service
- Connect to physical workloads in a Physical to virtual migration
- Migration from existing virtualized environments to public clouds, creating hybrid clouds
- Access physical router, firewall, load balancer, WAN optimization and other network resources