The Virtual Disk Development Kit (VDDK) is a collection of C libraries, code samples, utilities, and documentation to help you create or access VMware virtual disk storage. The kit includes:
- The Virtual Disk and Disk Mount libraries, sets of C function calls to manipulate virtual disk files.
- C++ code samples that you can build with either Visual Studio or the GNU C compiler.
- Documentation about the VDDK libraries and the command-line utilities.
- The Disk Mount utility to access files and file systems in offline virtual disks on Windows or Linux guest virtual machines.
- The Virtual Disk Manager utility to manipulate offline virtual disk on Windows or Linux (clone, create, relocate, rename, grow, shrink, or defragment).